iPhone X is deprived of the usual Home button, so many wonder how to go about executing certain common actions for which it was previously necessary. One such action is how to hard reset iPhone X or enter DFU mode. Our guide below will be handy for all iPhone X owners.
Even an expensive device from Apple can have problems in functioning. The reasons for such issues can be anything: unlicensed firmware, incorrectly installed software, hardware failure, or viruses. Unfortunately, you are not immune to problems that can be solved only by hard restart.
How to hard restart iPhone X?
Do not panic if your device fails. Initially, you can try to solve the problem in the following two ways:
- Hold down the lower volume button and touch the slide that appears on the screen. This method is the simplest and most commonly used. It will eliminate the freezing of web pages, music, video, and the malfunctioning of applications or files.
- If the previous method did not work, and problems arose in the operation of the operating system or software, you need to know how to hard reset iPhone X.
To do this, follow this guide:
- Hold down the volume up button and quickly release it.
- Press and quickly release the volume down button.
- Hold the power button until the smartphone screen turns dark and then shows the Apple logo.
READ ALSO: iTunes gift card balance: how to check it?
Similarly, the smartphone is entered into the DFU mode, that is, in essence, the role of the Home button has shifted to the volume buttons.
Note! This operation will not delete the data stored on the smartphone.
If these manipulations did not help you fix the problem, then it is recommended to restore factory settings. This operation can be performed independently. iTunes will help you to do it:
- Connect your smartphone to your computer.
- Open iTunes and choose the recovery procedure.
This operation will delete all your personal information, that is, your smartphone will look like it has just been purchased.
Now you know how to hard reset iPhone X. It is not difficult to do such manipulations.
READ ALSO: How to backup iPhone to iTunes: FAQ