JITX was founded with the mission to fully automate hardware design to advance science and the welfare of humanity. Our vision is to transform the hardware industry by building a hardware development platform where users can specify design goals and have all the detailed engineering handled by automated software. Located in Berkeley, CA, we are a profitable seed-stage startup, backed by Sequoia Capital and Y Combinator. We’re building the tool that engineers have wanted for a long time. Come help us do it!
We are looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to join our growing team. You will be working together with a world-class team of electrical and software engineers to automate circuit board design. You will have ownership of sizeable portions of our software stack, and work directly with the team to make sure your software is intuitive, useful, and robust. The ideal candidate is an excellent programmer, capable of designing and maintaining clean software architecture with clear interfaces.
Here are some examples of systems that you will help us build:
- Simple interactive GUIs that allow our expert electrical engineers to build training datasets, so our algorithms can find better designs
- Robust interactive design flows that go back and forth between our software and 3rd party software for simulation and physical circuit board design
- Fast visualizers for circuits, physical designs and electronic components
- Continuous integration, build system, and testing infrastructure
You will do well in this role if you:
- Are familiar with machine-level programming (e.g. pointers, memory allocation, overflow, data structures, debugging) as well as high-level programming (e.g. functional data structures, garbage-collected languages, recursion, statically-typed languages, closures).
- Have 3-4 years experience working professionally with a machine-level programming language (e.g. C, C++, Forth, Rust, etc.) along with a high-level language (e.g. Python, Ruby, Java, OCaml, Haskell, Lisp, Scheme, etc.)
- Are familiar with graph and tree data structures, and algorithms for traversing/manipulating them.
- Are familiar with interactive programming (e.g. event queues, callbacks, GUI, 2D graphics packages.)
As a bonus, it would be great if you:
- Have experience with programming language implementation (e.g. abstract syntax trees, intermediate representations).
- Have experience or interest in implementing compiler optimizations, and LLVM backends
- Have back-end or full-stack engineering experience
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the form below